Special Enforcement FAQ's


 Can I wash my grass clippings down the curb?

No, state law prohibits anything washed into the drain as all drains empty into the waterways.  If you are caught putting anything in the storm drains you will be cited.


 May I put signs along the roadway on Railroad Canyon Road for my garage sale?

No, city code prohibits any signs in the public right-of-way except for traffic and other needed traffic or informational signage.


 I have a nest of bees in my tree – what shall I do?

You need to call a commercial exterminator.  However, wait for a day or two as bees often swarm together and do not find the area suitable to them and leave for another area.


 A vacant home has pool equipment off & the pool is stagnant & green. Do I call someone?

Yes, call City Hall's Code Enforcement Department right away at (951) 244-2955, ext. 213 to have the problem evaluated and begin the mitigation process.


 What is NPDES?

NPDES (National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System) program is implemented by the City.  This is an important environmental requirement that all cities must adhere to in order to prevent urban runoff and maintain clean waterways.